Monday, April 21, 2008

Should I be on the computer now?

I quote myself from an earlier post:

Are there better things to do with my time than being on the computer? That depends on the time of day. I have chosen to allot a certain time each day to be on the computer, rather than being on randomly throughout the day. This way my computer time does not interfere with what I should be doing in my home or with my family.

This specifically regards internet use, since that is where I tend to spend a lot of time. You probably know how it goes: you're looking something up for some specific purpose. Maybe you need a recipe, or you're doing some type of research, or you're ordering something from an online company. Somewhere in the process something catches your eye and you click on a link. That leads you to another link, and another, until suddenly you realize that an hour has gone by and you've gotten totally sidetracked from your original purpose for being on the internet.

If you visit my blog regularly, you've probably noticed that I did not post at all last week. I was on the internet some, but never really had time to post. My priorities are shifting from inside the house (the winter mode) to outside the house (the spring clean-up-the-yard mode). I am also determined to finish school ON TIME this year! So I decided to limit my computer time to 15 minutes a day. The rest of the day is filled with normal every day stuff (laundry, dishes, cooking, etc.), home school, and spring cleaning. Also, it's that time of year again when I go through everybody's clothes and list what we need to buy/sew before summer. Oh, and let's not forget all the time it takes to nurse a hungry newborn!

On that note, I leave you with this verse, that states what our very first priority should be:

"As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: if so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious." --1 Peter 2:2

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, she did love laundry from the time she was able to fold clothes. When she was five she stayed with her grandmother for several weeks and grandma said the "SPCA" was going to get after her because Cathy worked so hard, on the laundry. She, Cathy would stand up on something, a box, and hang up the clothes and then take them down and fold them.

Anonymous said...

Oh and I forgot to say that she always loved babies !!!
From the time she could walk if there was a baby anywhere near that is where I would find her. And names...she used to make lists of names she wanted to use for her children's names. At about that time she wanted 15 children.

Christy said...

Yes would you please forward me the missionary update letter that you were telling me about. We're very interested in learning more about the spiritual condition of the country. Thank you so much Cathy. BTW how are you doing?

Christy said...

Stephen has two years left, but he's doing extension work on the side to get it finished up sooner. I'm not working to graduate, because Tabernacle offers classes free to the wife of a student, but the catch is, they have to be the same classes that the husband takes. And of course, they will not grant a Theology degree to a woman. So I'm just along for the ride, until God blesses us with a child, then I don't plan to attend anymore.

I did get the missionary letter! Thank you! They seem to be very dedicated missionaries. It would be wonderful if Stephen and I could maybe meet them when they're home on furlough next time.