Thursday, March 27, 2008

Samuel update

Yesterday Celine, my midwife, came to check on Samuel. His temperature was down again, so I had to bundle him up with the heating pad again. She consulted with a pediatrician, who said he wants to see him, to see why he's not holding his temperature. So an appointment was made for us for 8:30 this morning. They were kind enough to have us come to the hospital, to the same floor where Timothy is, so I will get to see him today.

Last night Samuel's nose started running, and I listened to him sneeze and snuffle all night. Since he was bundled into bed with me all night, his temp this morning was 36.5 Celsius, which is what it should be. But because his diaper leaked onto his clothes, I had to completely change him. I tried to hurry, but just doing that brought his temp down to 35.7! For those of you who are used to Fahrenheit, that means he went from 97.7 down to 96.3 (measured under the arm) in about 5 minutes.

Tom is getting the van warmed up, so I need to get Samuel ready to go. Will let you know more later.

2 comments:

yoshi3329 said...

Oh that's so sad! I'm praying for you and your family! I hope you son get's better soon!

In Christ,
Adlyn

Rebekah said...

I'll be praying, Cathy.