Saturday, May 31, 2008

How to become really beautiful

I found this on another blog. I really like this; it is so biblically true.

Mirror, mirror on the wall...
Who's the fairest of the all?
Not the girls with hateful heart,
Poison tongue like stinging dart.
Fairest she, who sheds forth love,
Gentle thoughts from God above,
Beauty blossoms in the face
When the heart is filled with grace

Mirror, mirror on the wall...
Who's the fairest of the all?
Not the girl with sullen eye,
Pouting lips that fret, defy.
Fairest she whose moods are bright,
Happy rainbows of delight.
Faces wreathed in joy declare
God's own beauty dwelling there.

Mirror, mirror on the wall...
Who's the fairest of them all?
Not the unchaste, brazen maid,
Flaunting, flippant, unafraid.
Fairest she whose heart is pure,
Manner modest, grace demure
Virtue crowns this girl a queen
For her life shines true and clean.

Mirror, mirror, tell me who
Can my countenance renew?
Jesus Christ, God's righteous Son,
Altogether Lovely One!
Fairest of Ten Thousand! Yes,
He can give you loveliness!

-Emily Hunter

"Favor is deceitful and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised." -- Proverbs 31:30

"Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; but let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price." -- 1 Peter 3:3-4

3 comments:

Christy said...

That's a wonderful poem. I'm going to copy it down. I would love to print and frame it for a future daughter. Thank you for posting it.

Deborah said...

hello! I love this post. I just found your blog by searching interests in common, and wanted to let you know I stopped by. Nice meeting you!

Granny Kate said...

Welcome, Deborah! I am looking forward to visiting your blogs later. (Right now is a busy Sunday morning!)

Christy, I was considering using this poem in some type of cross stitch picture. Maybe I'll make it a winter project the girls and I can work on together.