Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Hello, goodbye

Tom and I just got home from trying to comfort a young mother who lost her 6-month-old baby today.

The first thing this mother said to me when we got there was her hope that the Lord would use this to save her lost husband. She didn't want to lose her son, but was willing for God to use even that if that's what it would take to bring her husband to faith in Christ.

As we talked and grieved together, she told us of this song that was going through her mind, by Michael W. Smith:

Noah

Where's the navigator of your destiny?
Where is the dealer of this hand?
Who can explain life and its brevity
cause there is nothing here that I can understand

You and I have barely met
And I just dont want to let go of you yet

Noah, hello, goodbye
I will see you on the other side
Noah, sweet child of mine
I will see you on the other side

And so I hold your tiny hand in mine
For the hardest thing I've ever had to face
Heaven calls for you before it calls for me
When you get there, save me a place

A place where I can share your smile
And I can hold you for more than just a while

Noah, hello, goodbye
I will see you on the other side
Noah, sweet child of mine
I will see you on the other side

Will all who read this post please join us in prayer for this grieving family? Besides the child's father, there are a number of others on both sides of the family who are lost.

1 comment:

PJ said...

I would like for a special prayer time on every tuesday for the lost and for there safety.